The Nebraska Medical Center is home to one of the most reputable and well-known organ transplant programs in the country. Through our dedicated efforts in education, research and clinical medicine, we have helped shape the field of transplantation. The world-class reputation of our programs and physicians attracts patients from across the country and around the world.
Pancreas Transplant Program Highlights:
- Our program started in 1989 and was one of the first pancreatic programs in the country. Since that time, we have performed over 400 pancreas transplants.
- We consistently rank among the top centers performing pancreas transplants.
- Our pancreas transplant outcomes meet or exceed national averages.
- Our unique auto-islet cell transplantation is for patients who need a pancreatectomy.
- We offer expertise and the latest therapies for treatment of diabetes.