Dr. Morris has extensive experience in transplantation, vascular access and laparoscopic procedures. He earned his medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine and completed his residency in general surgery at the Albert Einstein Medical Center. His fellowship in transplant surgery was completed at the University of Pittsburgh, Presbyterian Hospital. He joined the kidney/pancreas transplant team at University of Nebraska Medical Center in April of 2008. Previously, Dr. Morris served as the Director of Solid Organ Transplantation at Avera Mckennan Hospital and University Health Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Awards & Honors
- Outstanding Resident Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, 1985
- First Prize, Residents Paper Competition
- Ghosh Award for Outstanding Surgical Resident, 1986
- Schatz Award, Outstanding House Staff, 1986
- Chief Surgical Resident, 1986
- Nominated for Blockley-Osler Award for Outstanding Teaching Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 1989
- Outstanding Clinical Teacher Award. Presented by Housestaff Association, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 1991
Publications, Most Recent:
- Wang J, Talmon GA, Kazmi SA, Siref LE, Morris MC: Metastases from Nested Variant Urothelial Carcinoma of the Urinary Bladder in Pancreatic Allograft Mimicking Graft Rejection. J Clin Med Res. 2012 Apr;4(2): 145-8. Epub 2012 Mar 23.
- Kalil AC, Florescu M, Grant W, Miles, C, Morris M, Stevens RB, Langnas AN, Florescu DF: Risk of Serious Opportunistic Infections with Induction: Interleukin-2 Receptor Antagonists versus Polyclonal Antibodies. Submitted: British Journal of Medicine.
- Wang J, Talmon GA, Feloney M, Morris MC: Twelve-Year Survival after Multiple Recurrences and Repeated Metastascectomies for Renal Cell Carcinoma. World Journal of Surgical Oncology, 2011 Nov 2011, 9:155.
- Yannam GR, Gutti TL, High R, Stevens RB, Thompson JS, Morris MC: Experience of Laparoscopic Incisional Hernia Repair in Kidney and/or Pancreas Transplant Recipients. Am J Transplant. 2011 Feb; 11(2):279-86.
- Successful transplant outcomes using pediatric en bloc kidneys into adult recipients.
Baquero A, Ketel B, Himmel D, Smith K, Geditz G, Scott N, Morris M.
Transplant Proc. 2008 Apr;40(3):732-3.
PMID: 18455001 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Bauero, A., Ketel, B., Morris, M. Successful Transplant Outcomes using Pediatric En Bloc Kidney Transplants in Adults. In Press Transplant Proceedings.
- Joseph J, Baines L., Morris M, Jindal R.: Quality of Life after Kidney Transplantation: Kidney International, May 2004, 1937-42.
- Baquero, A Ketel, Morris, M. Successful Transplant Outcomes Using Pediatric en Bloc Kidneys into Adult Recipients. Latin American Congress of the Caribbean Transplant Society, September 2007.
- Morris M: Pancreatic Transplantation (in relation to the role of the Critical Care Nurse at Regional Hospitals, Orthopedic Institute, Avera McKennan Hospital, October 13, 2004.
- Morris M: Access Devices and Complications, ACI Oncology Symposium, Avera McKennan Hospital, October 3, 2003.
- Morris M: Anesthesia Concerns for Pancreatic Transplant Patient, SD Association of Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, Sioux Falls, SD, September 29, 2003.
- Morris M: Hand Assisted Laparoscopic Living Kidney Donation, Ambulatory Education Seminar, Avera McKennan Hospital, September 20, 2003.
- Morris M: Long-term Outcomes after Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation, Seminar on The Green, Sioux Falls, SD, September 13, 2003.
- Morris M: Hand Assisted Laparoscopic Donor Nephrostomy, ND and SD Chapters of the American College of Surgeons, Fargo ND, April 19, 2003.
Professional Organization Memberships:
- Nebraska Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association, 8/88
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons, 6/90
- International Pancreas & Islet Transplantation Association
- The Transplantation Society, 7/87
Lieutenant Colonel Army Reserves