The Liver program has transplanted over 3,130 liver transplants and more than 500 pediatric liver transplants. Our center is one of the most active and innovative centers in the world.
Liver Transplant Program Highlights:
- One of the first adult and pediatric liver transplant programs in the U.S., beginning in 1985
- Expertise and state-of-the-art services to provide care for the most complex liver cases
- Innovative living-donation program that offers unique transplant options
- One of the most experienced transplant centers in performing split-liver, reduced-size and auxiliary liver transplants
- Groundbreaking approaches utilizing surgical expertise in performing cancer surgeries for those patients with liver, pancreas and bile duct cancers, in conjunction with expert medical teams in hematology and oncology
- Comprehensive medical care for adult and pediatric patients with complex liver disease
- Home to a highly experienced multidisciplinary liver transplant team
- Consistently achieve patient and graft survival rates that meet or exceed national and regional averages
- Nebraska Medicine has impressive and above the national averages in waiting times. In 2014, the medium time from referral to evaluation was 38 days. In addition, the medium wait time from referral to listing was 48 days and the average length on the waitlist was 99 days.