Nebraska Medicine is home to one of the most reputable and well-known organ transplant programs in the country. Through our dedicated efforts in education, research and clinical medicine, we have helped shape the field of transplantation. The world-class reputation of our programs and physicians attracts patients from across the country and around the world.
Kidney Transplant Program Highlights:
- We performed the first kidney transplant in Nebraska.
- We have performed over 3,320 adult and pediatric kidney transplants dating back to 1970 when the program began.
- We consistently rank in the top 50 kidney transplant programs in the country. In 2013, we ranked #30 in kidney transplant volumes.
- We consistently have shorter wait times than the national average.
- We offer some of the most innovative immosuppressant protocols.
- We have an experienced and knowledgeable multidisciplinary team.
- We maintain an active and innovative living-donor program.
- We are actively involved in the OPTN Kidney Paired Donation program.