Nebraska Medicine is home to one of the most reputable and well-known organ transplant programs in the country. Through our dedicated efforts in education, research and clinical medicine, we have helped shape the field of transplantation. The world-class reputation of our programs and physicians attracts patients from across the country and around the world.
Kidney Transplant Program Highlights:
- We have a history of transplantation care that dates back to 1970 when the program began.
- We performed the first kidney transplant in Nebraska. Currently, we have performed over 2,300 adult and pediatric kidney transplants.
- We offer some of the most innovative immosuppressant protocols.
- We have an experienced, knowledgeable multidisciplinary team.
- We maintain an active and innovative living-donor program; more than 50 percent of kidney transplants performed at Nebraska Medicine are living donor.
- We provide comprehensive care for adult and pediatric patients.