At Nebraska Medicine, we offer a comprehensive Intestinal Failure Program featuring medical and surgical treatment options. These include:
- Providing comprehensive medical care for adult and pediatric patients with complex liver and intestinal diseases
- A multidisciplinary intestinal rehabilitation program for those patients on total parenteral nutrition (TPN), focusing on decreasing their need for TPN with the goal of preventing or delaying the need for transplantation
- Nutritional support
- Omegavan trials for infants
- Surgical treatment options, including lengthening procedures such as STEP (Serial Transverse Enteroplasty), tapering procedures, repair of fistulas and bowel reconnection.
- Transplantation, including isolated intestinal transplant and liver/intestine/pancreas (multivisceral) transplantation, when medical or surgical treatment interventions fail