Wendy Grant is a surgeon at Nebraska Medicine and Clerkship Director and Assistant Dean for Student Affairs at The University of Nebraska Medical Center. Dr. Grant earned her medical degree from the University of North Carolina. Dr. Grant served her residency at the University of Utah Medical Center followed by her fellowship at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Dr. Grant's clinical interests focus on liver and intestinal transplantation, hepatobiliary surgery and intestinal rehabilitation. Her research focus is on outcomes following intestinal transplantation, liver transplantation and surgical education. She actively participates in medical student education.
Awards & Honors
- The Hirschmann Golden Apple Teaching Award 2012
- Young Investigator Travel Award 24th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Transplant Surgeons, May 13-15, 1998, Chicago, IL
- Intermountain Burn Center House Officer of the Year 1997
- A randomized, Single-Center Trial Comparing Thymoglobulin Induction Therapy and Delayed Initiation of Tacrolimus To No Induction with Immediate Initiation of Tacrolimus in Liver Transplant Recipients to Access the Impact on Renal Function. Genzyme Corporation.
(2008-present) Principal Investigator
Publications, Most Recent:
- Two cases of Norwalk virus enteritis following small bowel transplantation treated with oral human serum immunoglobulin.
Florescu DF, Hill LA, McCartan MA, Grant W.
Pediatr Transplant. 2008 May;12(3):372-5. Epub 2008 Jan 24.
PMID: 18221419 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Role of an intestinal rehabilitation program in the treatment of advanced intestinal failure.
Torres C, Sudan D, Vanderhoof J, Grant W, Botha J, Raynor S, Langnas A.
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2007 Aug;45(2):204-12.
PMID: 17667717 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Grant W. Surgical complications of intestinal transplantation. Intestinal Failure: Diagnosis, Management and Transplantation, 1st Edition. Blackwell Publishing. In press.
- Grant W, Botha J. Surgical techniques for liver/small bowel and isolated bowel transplants. Curr Opin Organ Transplant, 2005. 10: 142-146.
- Grant, WJ. Transplant Surgeons as Educators, ASTS Fellows Symposium, Kiawah, SC November 2008
- Grant WJ. No Guts, No glory: Challenges in the Intestinal Transplant Recipient. NATCO/ASTS Winter Symposium, Marco Island, Fl, January 2008.
- Grant WJ. Long Term Management of the Liver Transplant Patient. ASTS Inaugural Surgical Fellow Symposium, Mauri, HI, November 2007.
Professional Organization Memberships:
- ASTS - American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- ACS - American College of Surgeons
- SWS - The Southwestern Surgical Congress
- ASE - Association for Science Education
- AST - American Society of Transplantation
- ILTS - International Liver Transplantation Society
- ASTS Fellowship Committee
- ASE Curriculum Committee
- ASE Clerkship Directors Committee
- UNMC Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- UNMC Promotion and Tenure (Department) 2008
- UNMC Clerkship Director 2008