Awards & Honors
- Outstanding resident, City Hospital, San Juan Puerto Rico 2012
- Recognition by the US Department of Defense, US Embassy in El Salvador for an excellent performance of duties. May, 2004
Publications, Most Recent:
- CITRULLINE LEVEL AS A PREDICTOR OF TPN INDEPENDENCY IN CHILDREN WITH SHORT BOWEL SYNDROME. Palomo P; Mercer DF, Hobson, Brandy D, Fischer RT, High RR; Gerhardt BK; Grant WJ; Langnas A; Quiros-Tejeira RE. IRB 349-11-EP. Role Pl. Finished. Pending to be published.
- Review Chapter on Radiology, North American Society Pediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN). The NASPGHAN Fellow concise Review of Pediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition. First edition 2011. Chapter 9F. Pages 487-491.
- OBSCURE CAUSES OF PEDIATRIC GI BLEEDING: HEMANGIOMAS. Fischer M; Palomo P; Bernicek J; Perry D; Zapata F. Case report. Poster presented at the 2010 NASPGHAN annual conference. Oct 21-24 2010 New Orleans. High Index of Suspicious. PREP monthly Journal. Under review accepted for publication July 2013. AAP
- Microvillus inclusion disease associated with a paucity of interlobular bile ducts. Palomo P; Fischer RT, Talmon GA, Wiscarver JL, Mercer DF, Quiros-Tejeira RE. Case report. Poster presented at the 2010 NASPGHAN annual conference. Oct 21-24 2010 New Orleans.
- Medical school doctoral thesis: “Incidence of post traumatic stress disorder in San Pedro Nonualco El Salvador, 30 days after the 2002 earth wakes.”
- Pediatric residency research: “Body Heat, loss of water and electrolytes in sweat hydration patterns and incidence of health problems due heat in Puerto Rican children during a football game.”
- Upper Midwest Regional Pediatric Conference. September 19, 2013 South Sioux City, Nebraska. Speaker: Celiac Disease: Not a Rare Disease After All.
- Nebraska Academy of Physicians Assistant Annual Meeting, April 11, 2013. Speaker: ABC’s of IBD.
- Short Bowel Syndrome. International Speaker. Hosptial Nacional de Ninos Benjamin Bloom. San Salvador El Salvador. February 28, 2014.
Professional Organization Memberships:
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- North American Society Pediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition