Medical Positions: Medical Director. Liver Transplant Program. instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran. Mexico City, from 1998 to 2008 (current position) Medical Coordinator. Solid Organ Transplant Program. institutos Nacionales de Salud (National institutes of Health), Mexico. From 2004 to 2007 Chair in the Mexican Board (Council) of Gastroenterology. Mexico 2003-2006
Awards & Honors
- Outstanding Alumni of the Pre-medical science course. La Salle University Mexico City. September 6 - December 18, 1981.
- First of the Class during Medical internship. Guadalupe Hospital. Mexico City, awarded on June 30, 1987.
- Best clinical case discussion in internal Medicine Grand Rounds. instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion, Mexico City, February 27, 1991
- Outstanding Academic Award. Tijuana General Hospital. May 31, 1991.
Publications, Most Recent:
- early hepatitis C virus changes and sustained response in patients with chronic hepatitis C treated with peginterferon alpha-2b and ribavirin.
Gallegos-Orozco JF, Loaeza-del Castillo A, Fuentes AP, Garcia-Sandoval M, Soto L, Rodriguez R, Gutierrez-Ruiz MC, Gutierrez-Reyes G, Bonder A, Olivera MA, Kershenobich D.
Liver int. 2005 Feb;25(1):91-5.
PMiD: 15698404 [PubMed - indexed for MeDLiNe]
- [Advances in immunossuppression in liver transplantation]
Rev invest Clin. 2005 Mar-Apr;57(2):237-43. Review. Spanish.
PMiD: 16524064 [PubMed - indexed for MeDLiNe]
- Montano-Loza A, Vazquez Ballesteros e, Meza-Junco J, Villalobos-Zapata i, Olivera-Martinez MA. Seropositividad para Chlamydia pneumoniae en pacientes con cirrosis biliar primaria (Seropositivity to Chlamydia pneumoniae in patients with primary biliary cirrhosis) Gastroenterol Hepatol 2006; 29: 113-17.
- Utility of the MAYO end-Stage Liver Disease score, King's College Criteria, and a new in-hospital mortality score in the prognosis of in-hospital mortality in acute liver failure.
Pelaez-Luna M, Martinez-Salgado J, Olivera-Martinez MA.
Transplant Proc. 2006 Apr;38(3):927-9.
PMiD: 16647512 [PubMed - indexed for MeDLiNe]
- Recurrent viral liver disease (hepatitis B and C) after liver transplantation.
Olivera-Martinez MA, Gallegos-Orozco JF.
Arch Med Res. 2007 Aug;38(6):691-701. Review.
PMiD: 17613360 [PubMed - indexed for MeDLiNe]
- Olivera-Martinez MA. Novedades en Hepatitis C (2006-2007) (Novelties in hepatitis C (2006-2007)). Rev Gastroenterol Mex 2007; 72, supl 1: 91-94
- Associated Professor, Systematization of medical knowledge (Hepatology), Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM), March 5 - August 24, 2007.
- Associated Professor, second international symposium of hepatitis C, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro), June 19-24, 2007.
- Professor in the reunion of the Mexican committee of liver transplantation. 3rd congress of the Mexican association of hepatology. Acapulco Guerrero, June 27-30, 2007.
- Professor in the X international symposium of kidney transplantation. Aguascalientes, Mexico August 3 and 4, 2007.
- Professor in the Course "ecos internacionales" in the module "LiVeR" sponsoreed by the American Gastroenterological Association and the Asociacion Mexicana de Gastroenterologia, Mexico city August 16-18, 2007.
- Professor in the X course of Cardiology and internal Medicine (selected topics). instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran. Mexico city, September 6-8, 2007.
- Professor of the "Liver course" during the Mexican Congress of Gastroenterology Asociacion Mexicana de Gastroenterologia, Leon Guanajuato. November 19-22, 2007.
- Professor in the symposium "Liver disease and pregnancy" during the Mexican Congress of Gastroenterology Asociacion Mexicana de Gastroenterologia, Leon Guanajuato. November 19-22, 2007.
- Professor during the first internacional surgical week, instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran. Mexico city, February 4-9, 2008.
- Professor of the course: Hepatitis C "Reaching the summit". Banff, Canada, Canadian Society for the study of the liver and Asociacion Mexicana de Hepatologia (Mexican Association of Hepatology). March 30-April 2, 2008.
- Associate Profesor of the diplomate course: Sistematization of medical knowledge (hepatology). Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico. Mexico City. February 27 - August 26, 2008.