Awards & Honors
- National Merit Scholarship
- University of Nebraska Regents Scholarship
- Lange Medical Book Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Award for Excellence as First Year Resident
- NIH New Investigator Research Award
- Sir William Osler Teaching Award
- Searle Scholar
- NIH Liver Transplant Database, Co-principal investigator
- Veterans Administration Merit Award
- Creighton University General Research Grant
- University of Nebraska Seed Grant
Publications, Most Recent:
- 1: Long-term out of human leukocyte antigen mismatching in liver transplantation: results of National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases Liver Transplantation Database.
Balan V, Ruppert K, Demetris AJ, Ledeva T, Duquesnoy RJ, Detre KM, Wei YL, Rakela j, Schafer DF, Roberts JP, Everhart JE, Wiesner RH. Hepatology. 2008 Sep;48(3):878-88
- Chronic genotype 4 hepatitis C.
Hepatology. 2008 May;47(5):1791-2; author reply 1793-4. No abstract available.
PMID: 18395844 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Interferon alpha 2b and ribavirin for the treatment of recurrent hepatitis C after liver transplantation: cohort study of 38 patients.
Mukherjee S, Lyden E, McCashland TM, Schafer DF.
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005 Feb;20(2):198-203.
PMID: 15683421 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Professional Organization Memberships:
- Member of American Federation for Clinical Research
- Member of American Association for the Study of Liver Disease
- Member of International Association for Study of the Liver
- Liver Special Care, Internal Medicine, Graduate Faculty, Gastroenterology, Investigator
- Liver Study, Internal Medicine