Dr. Duncan is a graduate of the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, where he also completed residencies in both General Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery, and a Cardiothoracic Surgery research fellowship. He also accomplished a fellowship in Surgery of Congenital Heart Defects at The Hospital for Sick Children in London, England, and a fellowship in Surgery of Congenital Heart Defects at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Publications, Most Recent:
- Duncan KF. "Surgery for Congenital Heart Defects in Children." Manitoba Medicine 59:56-61, 1989.
Giddins N, Pelech A, Duncan KF. "Right-sided Aortic Arch." Chest 101(6):1739, 1992.
- Fletcher SE, Duncan KF. " Management Strategies in Transposition of the Great Arteries, 1994" Nebraska Medical Journal 79:372-374, 1994.
- Stammers AH, Rauch ED, Willett LD, Newberry JW, Duncan KF " Preoperative coagulopathy: Management of a neonate with complex congenital heart disease with a case study." Perfusion 2000; 15:161-168.
- Russo LM, Fletcher SE, Danford DA, Duncan KF, Najdawi E. "Persistent Third Aortic Arch (Carotid Duct) Associated with Critical Coarctation of the Aorta." Echocardiography 2001; 18:621-23.
- Amin Z, McElhinney DB, Strawn JK, Kugler JD, Duncan KF, Reddy VM, Petrossian E, Hanley FL. "Hemidiaphragmatic paralysis increases post operative morbidity after a modified Fontan operation," Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 2001; 122:856-61.
- Giddins NG, Duncan KF, Persad R, Gilchrist JSC, Pierce GN. "Effects of chronic rapid right atrial pacing on cardiac hemodynamics and myofibrillar ATP-ase activity in piglets." Can J Cardiol 2002; 18:157-161.
- Coarctation of a right-sided aortic arch and an unusual vascular ring.
Fletcher SE, Duncan K, Schroeder B, Danford DA.
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2004;6(2):577-81.
PMID: 15137343 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- A technique for performing antegrade selective cerebral perfusion without interruption of forward flow or cannula relocation for pediatric aortic arch reconstruction.
Deptula JJ, Fogg SK, Glogowski KR, Fenton KN, Hunt P, Duncan KF.
J Extra Corpor Technol. 2004 Dec;36(4):324-8.
PMID: 15679272 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Extended support with the Terumo Baby-RX oxygenator.
Deptula JJ, Fogg SK, Glogowski KR, Fenton KN, Duncan KF.
J Extra Corpor Technol. 2004 Dec;36(4):364-7.
PMID: 15679280 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Duncan KF, Stark J. "Critical aortic stenosis in infancy. In: Cardiac Valve Disease in Children, ed. Jeffrey M. Dunn, Elsevier Publishing Co., Inc., New York, 1988.
- Duncan KF, "Re-operative RVOT Reconstructions", in Cardiac Reconstruction with Allograft Tissue, ed. Richard A. Hopkins, Springer-Verlag New York Inc., New York - in preparation