Two to 10 Days Prior to Your Surgery
Two to 10 days prior to surgery, you will want to pre-register for your procedure and complete a pre-surgical screening call.
- Pre-Register for Your Procedure
Once your procedure is scheduled at Nebraska Medicine, you may select one of the following options to pre-register. This will be a review of your personal, contact and insurance information.
- Online: To complete the online registration process, visit www.nebraskamed.com/reg.
- By phone: Call 402-552-3251 (toll-free 800-552-8802) to pre-register by phone between the hours of 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday. Using this option works best if you have questions.
- Complete a Pre-Surgical Screening Call
Your pre-surgical screening can be completed by calling 402-552-2493 (or toll-free 800-552-8802) between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The screening may take 20 to 30 minutes to complete. The length of the screening will depend on your health history and the number of medicines you are taking.
This screening may help prevent any unnecessary delays or a cancellation of your surgery. One of our nurses will review your history, medicines and allergies as well as other important information before your visit.
When you call be ready to review the following information:
- Medical health history, including past surgeries and dates
- Current medicines and allergies
- Information regarding any preoperative work-up you have had or will be having before your surgery
- Instructions you have been given by your physician or surgeon
- The make and model number of any implanted device that you may have such as a pacemaker, defibrillator or brain stimulator
Important: If you are unable to speak with a pre-surgical screening nurse by 5:30 p.m. the day before your surgery please call 402-552-3224 up to 10 p.m. the night before your surgery and ask to speak to the charge nurse.
- Pre-Anesthesia Screening
Depending on your health history and risks for surgery, your surgeon may schedule you for an appointment in the Pre-Anesthesia Screening (PAS) Clinic, prior to the day of your procedure. This will allow anesthesia staff to meet with you, review your health history, risks for anesthesia and make sure that appropriate testing has been done. There is no extra cost for this evaluation, other than any necessary labs or diagnostic that may be done. A pre-surgical screening nurse will also be present at this appointment, so if you are scheduled for a PAS clinic appointment, you will not need to complete a pre-surgical screening call as previously stated.
If you are scheduled for an appointment in the PAS clinic, please be prepared to review the same information as a pre-surgical screening call. Also let us know if you have or will be having a visit with your family doctor prior to surgery and if you have had any laboratory work, or tests such as an electrocardiogram (EKG) or chest X-ray.
Please make sure to bring a full list of your medications and their dosages to this appointment.
The Pre-Anesthesia Screening (PAS) Clinic is located in Clarkson Tower.
- Use 4350 Dewey Ave., Omaha, NE 68105 in your GPS device.
- Please utilize complimentary valet parking Monday through Friday between the hours of 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. available in front of the main entrance of Clarkson Tower on 42nd Street and Dewey Avenue.
- For self-park, please use the orange parking surface lot near the main entrance to the hospital at 42nd Street and Dewey Avenue.
- Once inside the front door of Clarkson Tower, take Elevator E just past the gift shop on the right up to the 2nd floor Surgery Waiting Area to check in for your appointment.