Skip to main content Skip to footer site map
Serious Medicine. Extraordinary Care.


  • Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Children
    Carbon monoxide is a poisonous, colorless, tasteless, odorless gas. It is the most common cause of accidental poisoning-related deaths and is often called "the silent killer."
  • Childproof Your Home for Poisons
    Always remember that ordinary products you use each day around the home can become dangerous poisons in the hands of a child.
  • Facts About Poisons
    About 60 percent of poisonings in children involve items other than medicines—plants, cleaning products, cosmetics, pesticides, paints, and solvents.
  • First Aid for Poisonings
    Sometimes accidental poisonings can be treated in the home under the direction of a poison control center or your child's doctor. At other times, emergency medical care is necessary.
  • Lead Poisoning in Children
    Lead poisoning is a totally preventable disease. Children ages 1 to 3 who live in low-income housing built before 1978 are especially at risk.
  • Mushroom Poisoning in Children
    Early symptoms of mushroom poisoning include stomach cramps, vomiting, and watery or bloody diarrhea. If your child has any of these symptoms, call your child's doctor immediately.