Mission: Extraordinary Care
Nebraska Medicine Emergency Department mission is to provide high-quality, patient-focused health care that is comprehensive and accessible to all those seeking care, and to provide an environment for staff which promotes satisfaction and is conducive to education and research.
All patients seen in the Emergency Department are examined by either a mid-level practitioner or a physician. Patients are triaged by the RN upon arrival to the Emergency Department and seen according to acuity levels. Specialty care is readily available to meet the diverse needs of all patients.
Emergency Department Highlights
- Comprehensive trauma center with multiple outreach programs
- ACLS, PALS, BLS, TNCC provided
- Excellent nurse/tech and physician relationships
- Physician-paid CEN and ENA membership
- ED fellowship program
- Many continuing education opportunities
- Six Sigma quality initiative
Come help us shape our future; join our extraordinary team!