Alan Gross, PharmD, BCPS
981090 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-1090
2009 PharmD., Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
7/09 – 6/10 Pharmacy Practice Residency
Henry Ford Hospital
7/10 – 6/11 Infectious Diseases Residency
Midwestern University College of Pharmacy
Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Rush University Medical Center
- Pharmacist Coordinator, Antimicrobial Stewardship Program, The Nebraska Medical Center
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Pharmacy Practice, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases University of Nebraska Medical Center
Honors and Awards:
- 2010 Resident of the Year, Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- 2010 American Society of Microbiology ICAAC Infectious Diseases Fellows Grant
- 2009 Student Community Engaged Service Award, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
Membership in Professional Societies:
- Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists SIDP
- American Society of Microbiology ASM
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists ASHP
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy ACCP
- Gross AE, Richardson C, Griffith M, Gilley J, Postelnick M, Scheetz MH. Characterization of the clinical outcomes of CTX-M-producing Escherichia coli urinary tract infections. Great Lakes Pharmacy Resident Conference, West Lafayette, IN, Apr 2011.
- Czerniak CM, Gross AE, Postelnick M, Fotis M, Scheetz MH. Characterization of the epidemiology of ventricular assist device infections. Great Lakes Pharmacy Resident Conference, West Lafayette, IN, Apr 2011.
- Gross AE, Jennings D, Fleming J, Davis SL. Healthcare-associated infection in patients with left ventricular assist devices. Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Boston, MA, Sept 2010.
- Gross AE, Adams J, Lulek M, Croes M, MacDonald N. Medication-use evaluation of intravenous opiates in the emergency department. American Society of Health System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, Dec 2009.
- Gross AE, Hagedorn I, Davis S, Edeburn J. Concurrent medication-use evaluation of enoxaparin at a community-based hospital. American Society of Health System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting, Orlando, FL, Dec 2008.
- Griffith MM, Gross AE, Sutton SH, Bolon MK, Esterly JS, Patel JA, Postelnick MJ, Zembower TR, Scheetz MH. The Impact of Anti-infective Drug Shortages on Hospitals in the United States: Trends and Causes. Clinical Infectious Diseases. Accepted pending publication.