The Nebraska Medical Center Named To List Of 100 Great Hospitals In America
Becker's Hospital Review has published the 2014 edition of "100 Great Hospitals in America," a compilation of some of the most prominent, forward-thinking and focused healthcare facilities in the nation. For the first time, The Nebraska Medical Center is on the list – a list that includes the Mayo Clinic, Massachusetts General and Cleveland Clinic, among others. The Nebraska Medical Center is the only hospital in Nebraska on the list.
“To be named to this list is quite an honor,” said Bill Dinsmoor, CEO of the Clinical Enterprise that includes The Nebraska Medical Center. “It’s an indication of the direction in which this organization is headed and something all of our colleagues should be extremely proud of.”
Hospitals included on the list are home to many medical and scientific breakthroughs, provide best-in-class patient care and are stalwarts of their communities, serving as academic hubs or local mainstays.
“We’ve always believed those aforementioned qualities describe this medical center perfectly,” said Brad Britigan, MD, president of the Clinical Enterprise that includes The Nebraska Medical Center. “To have tangible proof of this from an independent organization that is so highly thought of in the health care industry like Becker’s, makes being named to this list extremely significant.”
To develop the list, Becker's Hospital Review's editorial team conducted research, considered nominations and evaluated reputable hospital ranking sources, such as U.S. News & World Report, Truven Health Analytics' 100 Top Hospitals, Healthgrades, Magnet designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, The Leapfrog Group and several other resources.
The hospitals included in the 2014 edition of the list are:
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital (Park Ridge, Ill.).
- Allina Abbot Northwestern Hospital (Minneapolis).
- Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.
- Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center (Milwaukee).
- Baptist Memorial Hospital – Memphis (Tenn.).
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital (St. Louis).
- Baylor University Medical Center (Dallas).
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak (Mich.).
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Boston).
- Billings (Mont.) Clinic.
- Boston Children's Hospital.
- Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston).
- Carle Foundation Hospital (Urbana, Ill.).
- Carolinas Medical Center (Charlotte, N.C.).
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles).
- CHI St. Luke's Health Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center (Houston).
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.
- Children's Hospital Colorado (Aurora).
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
- The Christ Hospital (Cincinnati).
- Christiana Care Hospital (Newark, Del.).
- Cleveland Clinic.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon N.H.).
- Duke University Medical Center (Durham, N.C.).
- Emory University Hospital (Atlanta).
- Evanston (Ill.) Hospital.
- Geisinger Medical Center (Danville, Pa.).
- Hackensack (N.J.) University Medical Center.
- Henry Ford Hospital (Detroit).
- Hospital for Special Surgery (New York City).
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia).
- Houston Methodist Hospital.
- Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital (Indianapolis).
- Inova Fairfax Hospital (Falls Church, Va.).
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore).
- Lahey Hospital and Medical Center (Burlington, Mass.).
- Lancaster (Pa.) General Hospital.
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center (Portland, Ore.).
- Lehigh Valley Hospital (Allentown, Pa.).
- Loyola University Medical Center (Maywood, Ill.).
- Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston).
- Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minn.).
- Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, S.C.).
- MedStar Washington (D.C.) Hospital Center.
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center (Houston).
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (New York City).
- Montefiore Medical Center (New York City).
- Mount Sinai Hospital (New York City).
- The Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha).
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York City).
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago).
- Novant Presbyterian Medical Center (Charlotte, N.C.).
- NYU Langone Medical Center (New York City).
- Ochsner Medical Center (New Orleans).
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus).
- Oregon Health & Science University (Portland).
- Providence Portland (Ore.) Medical Center.
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center (Los Angeles).
- Rush University Medical Center (Chicago).
- Scottsdale (Ariz.) Healthcare Shea Medical Center.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla (Calif.).
- Sentara Norfolk (Va.) General Hospital.
- Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital (Grand Rapids, Mich.).
- St. Francis Hospital (Roslyn, N.Y.).
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center (Phoenix).
- Stanford Hospital & Clinics (Palo Alto, Calif.).
- Sutter Davis (Calif.) Hospital.
- Tampa (Fla.) General Hospital.
- Texas Children's Hospital (Houston).
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia).
- UAB Hospital (Birmingham, Ala.).
- UC San Diego Medical Center.
- UCSF Medical Center (San Francisco).
- UnityPoint Health – St. Luke's Hospital (Cedar Rapids, Iowa).
- University Hospital (Salt Lake City).
- University Hospitals Case Medical Center (Cleveland).
- The University of Arizona Medical Center (Tucson).
- University of Chicago Medicine.
- University of Colorado Hospital (Aurora).
- UF Health Shands Hospital (Gainesville, Fla.).
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (Iowa City).
- The University of Kansas Hospital (Kansas City).
- University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore).
- University of Michigan Medical Center (Ann Arbor).
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview (Minneapolis).
- University of North Carolina Hospitals (Chapel Hill, N.C.).
- University of Rochester (N.Y.) Medical Center.
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston).
- University of Virginia Medical Center (Charlottesville).
- University of Washington Medical Center (Seattle).
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics (Madison).
- UPMC Presbyterian (Pittsburgh).
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas).
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, Tenn.).
- Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center (Richmond, Va.).
- Virginia Mason Hospital (Seattle).
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (Winston-Salem, N.C.).
- Woman's Hospital (Baton Rouge, La.).
- Yale-New Haven (Conn.) Hospital.
The complete list can be read here: http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/100-great-hospitals-2014/full-list.html
Note: This list is not an endorsement of included hospitals, health systems or associated healthcare providers, and organizations do not and cannot pay for inclusion on this list. Hospitals are presented in alphabetical order.
About Becker’s Hospital Review
Becker's Hospital Review is a monthly publication offering up-to-date business and legal news and analysis relating to hospitals and health systems. Content is geared toward high-level hospital leaders, and we work to provide valuable content, including hospital and health system news, best practices and legal guidance specifically for these decision-makers. Each issue of Becker's Hospital Review reaches more than 18,000 people, primarily acute-care hospital CEOs, CFOs and CIOs.
Make an Appointment